Aseed drillis a sowing device that precisely positions grain seeds in the soil and then covers them, and it significantly helps a lot in seed planting, saving working time and working labor. But to operate the seed drill, there are some important issues to be taken care of.
Seed Drill Maintenance Checklist:
1. Check the condition of hooper, drives and chains;
2. Be sure disc furrow openers are clean and turn freely;
3. Be sure depth bands are clean and properly adjusted;
4. Check seed ejection tubes for restrictions or blockage;
5. Be sure row spacings are correct, equal, and row makers adjusted;
6. Lubricate the drill properly;
7. Clean seed hoopers daily;
8. Match seed sizes and planter plates carefully;
9. Test the planter on a hard surface to check the seed distribution patterns.
Seed Drill Safety Precautions:
1. Never allow any one other than the driver to ride on the tractor when operating or transporting the grain drill;
2. If your tractor is equipped with a roll-guard safety canopy and seat belt, be sure to keep the seat belt fastened when operating or transporting the grain drill.
3. Shift the tractor into a lower gear when operating the drill over the rough or uneven terrain.
4. Always lower thegrain drilland stop the tractor engine before lubricating.
5. Before filling grain or fertilizer box, properly hitch drill to tractor to prevent the possibility of the drill tipping over.
6. If use the diesel fuel as a cleaning agent, be careful when cleaning and use only in a well-ventilated area and away from any sparks or flames to prevent ignition.
7. Leave all guards and shields in place when operating the drill.